Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New Art Book

My boyfriend took me to Michaels the other day to get some illustration board for a class assignment that was coming up. When we were walking around looking at the different art supplies, we came across a book about painting flowers with acrylic paint (which is what I love to do). Well he bought it for me so I could advance my art work and make it look real good. Well when I was flipping through the art book I came across an analogous colors. Which are opposite colors to create contrast. Which we know as a color wheel. Since we are now on chapter 12 I thought it was the perfect time to put one up. This is the most helpful thing to have or known when making a painting or anything with art. Helps you decide which colors can help darken or maybe lighten. Like for example to darken maybe a green leaf to put in some shading or vains you would use red which is right across from the green. That works with all of the colors on the wheel. I know this art book is going to be very helpful and can not wait to put it to use! Just found it funny that I was reading about analogous colors and there was the wheel in the book =)

No comments:

Post a Comment